6:24am on Saturday morning, the second day of Spring I’ve woken up with an itchy eye, the sun streaming through the trees into my glorious bedroom and both my babies sleeping in their respective spots.
In my world at this moment you wouldn’t think we are in a global pandemic. I’m moving into week 6 which I am sure many of us are too.
Having not written in a while I wanted to write and just talk really about whatever is in my head.
I’ve nearly finished ‘Wild’ by Cheryl Strayed. This book was gifted to me last year by the beautiful human, Anya. Along with a heap of other stuff which I still enjoy to this day. Care package from the States.
When she sent it to me I wasn’t ready to read it, as I was still fresh from the ending of my marriage. However, fast forward 11 months and I’m really enjoying it.
The world in which we are all living currently is very different and there are a stack of things we could whinge about but I am not that kind of a person.
Covid19 is definitely inconvenient. The impact it has had on me personally is the following
1. My new house is delayed. Move date unknown
2. Ironman Austria postponed from July to September. However I have deferred to next year. I don’t feel comfortable racing this year. So for me all racing is off.
3. I’ve put on 5kgs since I’m not exercising as much and I’m eating and drinking a while lot more. But you know what I’m a little bit okay with it. Although let’s be honest I am trying now to lose the weight.
Positive impacts that it has had on me far outweigh the bad.
1. I’m reading more
2. I’m grateful to be still employed at full capacity
3. Stomp the Pedal did more sales in the April release than earlier in the year
4. I see my cousin’s via zoom, who are in Australia every Sunday for a couple of hours, as we play Scattergories
5. I’ve done a lot of online shopping lol
6. I’ve been painting. I finished one and nearly finished another.
7. I have so many weekly zoom calls with my friends, colleagues from work and family. I have found that this has allowed people to make the time to catch up.
8. I recently started a daily practice of Yoga with Adriene. She’s brilliant and so is her dog Benji.
The best and most notable thing for me is, I’ve slowed down. And honestly I love it. Last year was such a hectic year. Full of highs and lows. I’ve got no regrets. It’s been challenging at times but I’m grateful for everything.
You know I’m most grateful for my 20s. Because I went through such personal development and growth during my 20s that honestly, it really set me up for this time in my life.
I really love hanging out with myself. I enjoy my own company so much. Most people think I’m an extrovert and to a degree I am, but truthfully I also am introvert. I like to spend time with people when I like to but I also very happy in my own space, with my own thoughts and simply doing whatever I want.
Not really sure where this post is going, but I feel lighter in my mind.
I’m having the weirdest of dreams this past week. Dreaming of all kinds of stuff and mainly they are in the morning. I even remember some of the details. Very strange.
Anyway you know me, I could ramble on all day but I can’t as I need to get out of my and get set up for my Global Stomp the Pedal Virtual Zwift meet up, where many of us will ride together for a couple hours.
Have a great weekend. No doubt I will pop back in and talk about not random shit.
Till next time
Copyright Tarsh Wendt 2021
Site by Studio Break The Loop
Hey, I'm Tarsh! Passionate, fun-loving Aussie now based in London. Founder of activewear label Stomp The Pedal, podcaster, motivational speaker and multiple Ironman triathlete. Thanks for visiting my site!